Monday, March 4, 2013

Oh the joys of Hunting!

I love to deer hunt. I have been doing it ever since I was a little girl with my father. Occasionally I would go on hunts for small game but have yet to shoot anything. I have never really thought of hunting for anything else besides deer.

That was until I met my boyfriend Cameron. He loves to hunt, it is literally his "LIFE" lives, breaths, and sleeps hunting. He loves to hunt geese, ducks, deer, any kind of animal. We are going to go shed hunting in a couple of weeks for antlers. Doing this can tell you  about a deer. It is also a plus to find some antlers to decorate you home with.

This year he is going to teach me how to bow hunt along with goose hunting. I cannot explain to you how excited I am to learn! Most people would think that all hunting is the same but it isn't. With every animal that you hunt there are different techniques to use. Where your stand or blind should be, how to set up the decoys, the wind, weather, food plots or what type of crop they like best. It will be interesting learning these new ways to hunting. I am so ecstatic about it but I know that I will have to practice a lot in order to met mine and his expectations but that is a challenge I am up for. Practice makes perfect. I'm glad I found someone who has the same interests as me and is willing to show/teach me new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment